WIAIH strives to enhance the lives of people with an intellectual disability or autism, to provide support to their families, and to maintain and develop innovative services and sensitize the community.
· All people with disabilities have the potential for growth and self-fulfilment.
· Community-based living allows for a sense of self-worth, happiness, identity, competence and belonging, regardless of the presence or severity of a handicap.
· Community-based living allows for reciprocal relationships benefiting both society and the individual.
· Community-based services provide local services which answer the needs of the individual and their families.
· Community-based services promote the right to be involved as equal partners with professionals.
· WIAIH respects and supports individual choice.
L’Office des personnes handicapées du Québec is a government agency that helps increase the social participation of people with disabilities.
The Office performs a unique combination of functions such as: