WIAIH strives to enhance the lives of people with an intellectual disability or autism, to provide support to their families, and to maintain and develop innovative services and sensitize the community.
· All people with disabilities have the potential for growth and self-fulfilment.
· Community-based living allows for a sense of self-worth, happiness, identity, competence and belonging, regardless of the presence or severity of a handicap.
· Community-based living allows for reciprocal relationships benefiting both society and the individual.
· Community-based services provide local services which answer the needs of the individual and their families.
· Community-based services promote the right to be involved as equal partners with professionals.
· WIAIH respects and supports individual choice.
L’Office des personnes handicapées du Québec is a government agency that helps increase the social participation of people with disabilities.
The Office performs a unique combination of functions such as:
Over the past 24 years, Family Ties has become firmly rooted in the community it serves. People of all ages take part in the various programs, volunteer their time, make donations and, as members, take part in the democratic life of the organization.
The contributions made by our volunteers and members are especially valued and we are proud of their accomplishments, both individually and as a team.
The Council for Anglophone Magdalen Islanders (CAMI) is a regional association that has been assisting the English-speaking community of the Magdalen Islands for over 30 years.
CAMI’s programming is built on core funding through the Department of Canadian Heritage Official Language Minority Community program. The development and delivery of programs and services promote and facilitate the active participation and integration of English-speakers in the Islands and in Québec society as a whole. The core funding received from Canadian Heritage is the foundation of the organization, helping leverage the additional financial and in-kind support required to build sound infrastructure for an effective community development organization.